The Sutton Free Public Library has served all members of our community since 1876. On any given day there are not enough seats to accommodate our library patrons, be they seniors, business professionals, students, or parents with children. Our bookshelves are crowded, making it difficult for patrons to find what they want. Here are our top five growth needs:
1. Increased seating and workspace for patrons of all ages.
2. Increased space and ease of access for the library’s collection of books, audio-visual materials, research and information technologies and future new formats. The plan includes abundant space to showcase materials and allow for future collection expansion.
3. Increased capacity for children’s services, more room for our youngest patrons, their parents, guardians, and caregivers, books and materials and children’s programming.
4. Increased space for groups, including a large community room, conference room, small group study rooms and quiet study areas.
5. Parking! The new library will have 50 parking spots for library patrons.